Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Who numbers the days

To my sweet tummy dweller-

We have been waiting for a long time for you. I have been frustrated not knowing what day your birth will be on, but today I think that there are many things I do not know, things only God knows of you, hidden things: the moment of your conception, the days your life on this earth will count to, the hour you will come to call Jesus your Lord, the time of your baptism, the day you may marry on, and even the days of your possible children's conceptions and their births and future possibilities. The cascading written futures are all God's and I have been foolish to be anxious for knowing this one. It is a joy to be your mother and I am glad of your life within me.

I do look forward to kissing your face soon while I take comfort in knowing that it is God who numbers all of our days.

I love you.
Love, mommy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment