Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

CSA 2014 Weeks 7 and 8

A quick update...


A couple weeks ago, I had tons of cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, onions, and kohlrabi piling up in my fridge. Kalah helped chop those down and we made something like pickles out of them We haven't tried the ones we canned and stored in the pantry yet, but the fridge pickled cabbage came out delicious!

That made some room in the fridge for another CSA haul last week, which looked like this:


Introduced by Chris, Jeff and Sam are, Basil, Sage, Rosemary, Thyme Kale, 2 Green Onion (one was a napa cabbage trade), Carrots, 2 Lettuce, 2 Eggplant, 1 Zuke, 3 Cukes, 1 Qt Peaches, 1Pt Nectarines,  1/2 Pt Raspberries, 1/2 Pt Blueberries and a hatful of Black Currant Leaves (by special request, for tea making)

Now, this week I had to take 2 pictures, as it no longer all fit on the counter at once!


Again I traded away fennel. This time it was for Chard. Because one wasn't enough apparently. Kale, Chard, Dino Kale, Carrots, 2Pts Eggplant, 1 Qt Peaches, 4 Pts Plums, Cabbage, 2 Lbs Zukes, 3 Lbs Cukes, 1 Lb Tomatoes....


Sage, Thyme, Lavender, Lemon Grass, Lemon Balm, Parsley, and flowers! (they perked up with water, cross my heart. I'll take another photo tomorrow.)

I didn't mean to pick lemon balm. Heaven knows I have enough of the weed, er, herb in my own garden as it is! I mistook it for mint when i asked Gwen to pick it for me.

The herbs were unlimited U-pick, so I want to find out if it's kosher for me to go back in the morning for more.

I'm currently running 3 dehydrators, 2 I borrowed.



No comments:

Post a Comment